I was pleasantly surprised to see that Cruisy Blog was recently made a featured blog on Bloggers in Taiwan. Thanks to BiT for this – the hits on my blog have shot through the roof!
The listing got the following comment on this from Borat:
I wonder: Why is this blog featured? I checked it out and some photos don’t load and he’s like posting 1 post a month. There’s nothing interesting about Taiwan and bloggers who update so rarely lose my interest. I’m not saying he needs to update daily, bit 2 times a week would be good enough. His last post is from April 17. How can I even remember this blog, if he needs ages to write something? I mean, hey, it’s his choice how often he updates, he can do whatever he wants, it’s his blog.
I just wonder, why is his blog featured here? What did qualify him to get featured? I saw other blogs much more interesting and up to date, but weren’t featured.
I thought I had better reply to this, so here goes.
1. some photos don’t load
As far as I can tell, the images are loading fine. I’m not sure if there was some confusion that the screenshots of my website were actual hyperlinked images.
2. he’s like posting 1 post a month
3. There’s nothing interesting about Taiwan
4. why is his blog featured here? What did qualify him to get featured? I saw other blogs much more interesting and up to date, but weren’t featured.
I’m not sure what qualified my blog for this honor, Boris, but I’m happy to get some recognition. I can understand your issue with the lack of updates. I’ll try not to make excuses but…the thing is…Oh, goddammit, I’m going to make some excuses!
1. This blog is mostly a site blog for a website that hasn’t been completed yet and isn’t online. I’m almost there, but my boss has recently piled work on me and I’m working ten and a half hours a day at work. No time for development means less to blog about.
2. It may not be particularly apparent, but my blog is supposed to be about Taiwan and for people living in Taiwan.
3. I don’t get out much.